Tammy enjoys running, hiking, traveling, reading, spending time with her daughters and cheering on her favorite sports teams (Gophers, Vikings, Wild and Twins).
Tammy is an attorney and a CPA who practices in the areas of estate planning, probate, business law and tax law. She provides legal services to individuals and businesses, including farm clients, regarding wills, trusts, choice of business entity, tax law, corporate conversions, and succession planning. Tammy also works with non-profit organizations in the formation of business entities and in securing tax exempt status.
In addition to practicing law, Tammy is the managing partner of Richardson Tax & Accounting LLC and supervises the tax and accounting practice. She assists individuals and businesses with tax preparation (individual, corporate, partnership and fiduciary returns), tax planning, accounting and payroll. She also represents clients in resolving tax disputes with federal and state taxing authorities.
- Hamline University School of Law, JD, cum laude
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, BBA, Accounting
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, BBA, Finance
- Certified Public Accountant
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Estate Planning
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Tax Law
- Business Law
- Real Estate
Awards, Honors And Professional Accomplishments
- “Rising Star” as designated by Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Admitted to practice law in Wisconsin, Minnesota and before the U.S Tax Court
- Resolved tax dispute in client’s favor resulting in a $3 million dollar reduction in tax liability
- Secured innocent spouse relief for client saving client over $100,000
NEWS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Co-Author/Co-Presenter – “Tax Exempt Organizations From Start to Finish” (2013)
- Author/Presenter – Accounting and Tax Planning for Small Farms, Annie’s Project UWExtension (2016)