David loves indoor and outdoor sports of all kinds. David is an avid outdoorsman who has hunted and fished in many locations in the United States and Canada with his family and friends. He and his wife have three children and reside in the Menomonie, Wisconsin area. David also served in the military in North Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin in both the enlisted and officer ranks.
David is a highly regarded Personal Injury, Employment Discrimination and Civil Rights attorney. David has tried injury claims in both Wisconsin and Minnesota, and his skills are aptly summarized in a juror’s email following trial:
I’m impressed! If ever I have need of a personal injury attorney you’ll be the first person I call. Have a nice weekend sir. – Todd
David has also successfully handled numerous employment discrimination and civil rights cases in state and federal courts, as well as various administrative forums. He’s been with Bakke Norman for over 20 years and takes great pride in helping his clients get proper representation against corporations and insurance companies. His personal injury practice includes car and motorcycle accidents, wrongful death, dog bites, premises liability claims and product defect claims. His employment practice includes all types of employment discrimination and retaliation claims.
- University of North Dakota, JD, with Distinction (1997)
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, BS, Biology & Fisheries Management (1992)
- Personal Injury and Employment Discrimination/Civil Rights
- Connie Moritz, Legal Assistant – email@example.com
Awards, Honors And Professional Accomplishments
- Dunn County Family Court Commissioner – appointed July 1, 2019 – present;
- Dunn County Circuit Court Commissioner – appointed July 1, 2019 – present.
- Dunn County Court Commissioner – Reserve (2014-June, 2019)
- Dunn County Condemnation Commissioner (Chair) (2014-present)
- In a semi-tractor trailer collision resulting in a back injury, recovered $550,000 more than the client’s prior attorney recommended he accept. Sams v. Manitoba Public Ins. Co., Dunn County Case No. 2009CV151.
- Recovered $500,000 for injuries due to a dog bite. Lewis v. Western Nat’l. Ins. Co., Dunn County Case No. 2009CV413.
- Recovered $250,000 for an ankle injury suffered due to a slip and fall on ice. Baggenstoss v. West Bend Mut. Ins. Co., St. Croix County Case No. 2010CV1009.
- Prevailed in Mork v. Super 8 Motels, ERD Case No. 200700492 (wage and hour retaliation case).
- Prevailed in Linehan v. City of River Falls, Pierce County Case No. 2009CV470 (wage and hour case).
- Prevailed in Marich v. Phoenix Fixture, ERD Case No. CR200600628/ EEOC Case No. 26G200600629C (disability discrimination case).
- Prevailed in Kaiser v. Roehl Transport, Inc., ERD Case No. CR2008025881/EEOC Case No. 26G200801786C (disability discrimination case).
- Recovered $500,000 for a student in a disability discrimination/failure to provide equal access claim. Busone v. Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System, US District Court, Western District of Wisconsin Case No. 12-CV-671.
- Prevailed in Williams v. Lake Country Dairy, Inc., ERD Case No. CR201100950 (Wisconsin Family Medical Leave Act case).
- Prevailed in Vang v. CEVA Logistics, Inc., ERD Case No. CR200502577 (arrest/conviction record discrimination case).
NEWS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Co-Lecturer, “Employment Law Changes that Affect School Administrators” Association of Wisconsin School Administrators (AWSA) Summer Legal Seminar (2012)
- Co-Author/Co-Lecturer, “State Disability Discrimination Law from Both the Plaintiff’s and Defense’s Perspective” State Bar of Wisconsin Annual Convention (2003)
- Author/Lecturer, “Employment & Personnel Issues” Bakke Norman Municipal Seminar (2006 & 2007)
- Co-Author of chapter on “Actions Affecting the Family” in the Wisconsin Attorney’s Desk Reference, published by the State Bar of Wisconsin (2000–01)