Deanne enjoys traveling, hunting, fishing and coaching youth basketball.
Deanne specializes in assisting financial institutions and businesses with collecting on accounts and asset recovery. With a comprehensive knowledge of state and federal collection regulations as well as the Bankruptcy and Uniform Commercial Codes, Deanne can quickly and efficiently evaluate a client’s claims and provide practical solutions. Her collection practice includes assisting clients with analyzing creditor’s rights in bankruptcy, complex commercial collections, receivership actions and out-of-court business reorganizations. She joined Bakke Norman in 2006, and has deep experience with commercial restructuring and business finance. In addition to her collections work, Deanne has developed a diverse civil litigation practice, including real estate, construction and financial litigation.
- William Mitchell College of Law, JD, cum laude
- University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, BS, magna cum laude
- Creditors Rights
- Secured Transactions
- Business Litigation
- Amanda Nocchi, Paralegal firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards, Honors And Professional Accomplishments
- “Super Lawyer” as designated by Wisconsin Super Lawyers (2022)
- Member, Finance Committee, International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (2021-present)
- Board Member, Office of Lawyer Regulation Board of Administrative Oversight (2020-present)
- Board member, Wisconsin Trust Account Foundation (2019-present)
- Board member, Wisconsin Law Foundation (Vice President 2022)
- School board member, St. Croix Central Board of Education (2020-2021)
- Fellow, Wisconsin Law Foundation (2018-inductee)
- Chair, State Bar of Wisconsin Board of Governors (2017-2018)
- Treasurer, Wisconsin Network of IWIRC (2017-2020), (Co-Chair 2020-present)
- “Rising Star” as designated by Wisconsin Super Lawyers (2010–present)
- Board member, Western Wisconsin Health (2017-2020), (Secretary 2021-present)(Finance Committee Chair 2021-present)
- Wisconsin Delegate, ABA House of Delegates (2015-2017)
- Board member, State Bar of Wisconsin Board of Governors (2014-2017)
- Board member, Central St. Croix Chamber of Commerce (2012-2015)
- Member, Nominating Committee, State Bar of Wisconsin (2016-2017)
- Member, Finance Committee, State Bar of Wisconsin (2014–2015)
- Member, Bench and Bar Committee, State Bar of Wisconsin (2010–2013)
- Treasurer, Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Wisconsin (2008–2014)
- “Up and Coming Lawyer” as designated by the Wisconsin Law Journal (2009)
- Graduate, Leadership Trust Initiative (2017)
- Graduate, Leadership Menomonie (2006–2007)
NEWS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Lecturer, “Shareholder Real World Disputes: What to do when the ‘sharing’ Stops”, Handling Complex Business Cases, State Bar of Wisconsin (March 2023).
- Lecturer, “Strategies in Answering a Complaint”, Annual Meeting & Conference, State Bar of Wisconsin (June 2021)
- Lecturer, “Farm Creditors: Perfecting Agricultural Liens and Plan Terms in Bankruptcy,” Northwestern Wisconsin Bankruptcy Institute, State Bar of Wisconsin (April 2019)
- Moderator, “Practice Management and Professionalism,” IWIRC on the Lakes, International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (February 2019)
- Lecturer, “Selecting and Advocating Expert Witnesses,” Central States Bankruptcy Workshop, American Bankruptcy Institute (June 2018)
- Lecturer, “Debts Your Client is Stuck with Even After Bankruptcy,” Annual Meeting and Conference, State Bar of Wisconsin (June 2017)
- Lecturer, “Navigating 11 U.S.C. sec. 552’s Effect on Pre-Petition Security Interests in Proceeds,” Central States Bankruptcy Workshop, American Bankruptcy Institute (June 2017)
- Lecturer, “Piercing the Corporate Veil,” Bankruptcy Institute – 2016 Annual Update, Western and Eastern Districts, State Bar of Wisconsin (November 2016)
- Lecturer, “Secured Creditor Panel,” Northwestern Wisconsin Bankruptcy Institute, State Bar of Wisconsin (May 2015)
- Co-Author, “Leveraging All Knowledge in Real Estate Disputes,” Real Estate Litigation Newsletter, American Bar Association (Spring 2011, Vol. 9, No. 2)
- Co-Author, Wisconsin Attorney’s Desk Reference, State Bar of Wisconsin (2007–2016)
- Author/Lecturer, “Foreclosure 101,” Wisconsin’s Money Smart Week (2010)
- Moderator “Managing and Leveraging Generation Differences,” State Bar of Wisconsin Annual Convention (2010)
- Successfully defended a shareholder’s interest at trial when a minority shareholder attempted to have the corporation judicially dissolved.
- Negotiated and obtained secured status for a previously scheduled unsecured lender in Chapter 12 bankruptcy.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of Chapter 11 bankruptcy on behalf of the largest secured creditor.
- Defended local lender sued for breach of good faith and fair dealing and obtained dismissal of the case with no damages assessed against the lender.
- Successfully tried multi-day real estate litigation matter involving overlapping surveys and riparian rights.
- Effectively negotiated a financial workout agreement for local lender with customer owing millions in past-due loans with collateral in 4 states.
- Successfully tried multi-day construction litigation case with award of all money requested by contractor and full dismissal of counterclaims.
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Bankruptcy Insolvency & Creditors’ Rights Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- St. Croix Valley Bar Association