All businesses face a wide variety of issues, but farms and other agribusinesses come with their own particular concerns. Our attorneys have experience in farming and in farm law, giving us a unique understanding of the challenges you face on a daily basis. Whether you are a crop farmer seeking to transition your operation to your children while minimizing tax consequences or a dairy farmer planning to expand, our transactional attorneys can assist you to organize a plan and put the plan in action.
Farmers experiencing hardships, such as financial difficulties, an accident caused by a faulty piece of equipment or an unexpected lawsuit, can turn to our firm for help. Our attorneys have assisted with financial workouts or, when necessary, bankruptcies. We have prosecuted and defended lawsuits in state and federal courts. In short, we can help your farm or agribusiness, in good times and in bad.
We offer representation on a wide variety of issues, including:
- Real estate purchases and sales
- Buying and selling livestock and equipment
- Forming business entities
- Farm expansion issues
- Keeping the farm in the family, including trusts and other estate planning
- Contesting the denial of insurance coverage for farm accidents
- Financial workouts
- Bankruptcy, including Chapter 12
- Recovering damages for faulty feed or equipment
- Assisting with applications for Beginning Farmer and other USDA loans
- Transferring farm assets and/or liabilities between family members and generations